- She started doing this funny face when my mom was doing it – you know that face you make when you don’t want to scratch your nose but you have an itch? Like an overemphasized whistling face? She copies that face when you do it to her, hehe
- We Asian people are generally familiar with the expression “aiy yaaaaaa!” The Asian equivalent of “Oh geez!” Jia will copy this saying, it’s really funny to us Mom was saying it to her during diaper changes as she wriggled around and she would say it back!
- Generous Doggie Feeder – I filled up her snack cup with those organic rice puffs and she was playing while munching on them. The pugs came up to her and were so excited, trying to find one she’d accidentally drop on the ground as she grabbed fistfuls of puffs to shove into her mouth. So she tried to feed them individual puffs. We’d say “No! No feeding the doggies!” so she walked into the kitchen and started to empty fistfuls of puffs into the doggie food bowls haha!
- Little Baby Bum wins again – I’ve mentioned quite a few times on here how my daughter really doesn’t like car rides. She’ll never be one to conk out when buckled into her carseat. So when she is cranky or just wants to play but we have to go somewhere in the car, she’ll protest… In an effort to minimize how many times I actually have her watching Little Baby Bum on our phones, I decided to hook it up to the car tape adapter and play it through the car’s speakers. Turns out this is just as good! She is completely happy to listen to the nursery rhymes! At least, so far.
- Bath Crayons – I bought her a pack of bathtub crayons for her Easter basket, hoping it would ignite a little artistic expression in her. She loooooved them! She drew all over the bath tub sides and when she was finished with one color, she places it back into the soap holder in the wall, swapping it out for a different color. She has such a great time in the bath tub, she could care less about her toys. Only drawback is she gets VERY upset when it’s time to put the crayons away and exit the tub. This is the link to the Munchkin 5 Piece Bath Crayons Set here.
- What she’s snacking on lately:
- Plum organics Mighty 4 nutrition bars (mango/banana and strawberry are all acceptable to Jia)
- Happy Baby Puffs – the easiest and most portable snack for her to travel with
- Happy Baby Gentle Teethers for portable carseat snacks
- Ella’s Kitchen (organic) Nibbly Fingers (mangoes + carrots)
- She scarfs down Happy Creamies (I mentioned in the last WSDW post, those coconut milk snacks blended with fruit)
- What she’s turned against:
- She’s over raspberries. I guess I overdid them.
- Happy Yogis – yogurt and fruit snacks
- I really want to get her a little table and chair set so I can set her up with some big drawing paper and crayons or that special paper that works with those Crayola markers that don’t mark anywhere but that paper.
- I have an idea for a Father’s Day gift for Jeff. Since I know he doesn’t read these posts, I guess I could mention it here, but on the off-chance he actually reads it, I don’t want to spoil it. I want to have Jia make a craft for him… I found the (very messy) inspiration from Pinterest and am really looking forward to the results!
- We had a playdate with my old coworker and her daughter, Hayden, last week. Hayden has her own playground in the backyard, complete with a baby seat swing and slide… Jia really loved the swing! I’d really like to get her one for the yard, but should I? We have a playground with swings just around the corner at the end of our street, so about 5 houses down. I guess I really shouldn’t. But I want to get some sort of summer activity/equipment, like a kiddie swimming pool so we don’t have to always drive somewhere. Plus, the dogs could stay cool with us if we had one. Will have to start scouring Amazon for a good deal.
Pictures from Easter Sunday!